What is the weekly activity report?
The weekly activity report gives you an at-a-glance overview of recent student activity in eSpark for reading or math. It shows you who logged into eSpark this week, who earned a High Five, who is struggling with their Quest, and how long they spent on eSpark.
We're testing out new this feature currently with select teachers, so you might not see it in your dashboard. Interested in trying it out? Find your name on the big blue bar at the top and click it, then choose "Try the new dashboard (beta)" from the drop-down.
What do the icons mean?
When a student scores 80% or more on the post-quiz for a Quest, they earn a High Five.
On Track students complete at least 1 Quest activity and answer at least 50% of quest questions correctly.
Struggling students complete at least 1 Quest activity and answer fewer than 50% of quest questions correctly.
The student logged in, to either reading, math, or an Assignment. Hover over the lightbulb on previous days of the week to see what the student worked on!
What can I do with my report?
- Check on student log ins - A blue lightbulb shows the student logged in today. Click on the word "TODAY" to group students who logged in today.
- Celebrate High Fives - Students who score 80% or more on their Quest post-quiz, earn a High Five. They've mastered a new standard!
- Check in with strugglers - Students who score below 50% on their Quest questions are grouped together. If multiple students struggle with the same standard, they are also grouped together.
- Dive deeper - When you point at any icon on your dashboard, you'll see more detail about student activity that day or week. Click on a student's name to see all their current and completed activities and quiz scores.
- Track minutes. You can view how many minutes students spend on eSpark each day. You can also set a goal for how many minutes you want students to spend on eSpark daily.
- View reports for previous weeks - You can view reports from previous weeks by using the date picker at the top of the report. You can also use the checkbox to include weekends.
Can you tell me more about the lightbulb icon?
- If you see a lightbulb in the "Today" column, that means your student logged in today.
- If you see a lightbulb in one of the day columns, it means your student logged in that day (either to Math, Reading, or an Assignment). Hover over the lightbulb to see exactly what they worked on.
I want to print the new report. How do I do that?
- For a printable PDF of your weekly report, select the subject you'd like to print, then click the print button on the top right side of the screen!
- If you have multiple eSpark sections, click the eSpark logo on the top left side of the screen to navigate between sections.