Watch this video for an overview of mini-lessons!
How are mini-lessons different from assignments?
Mini-lessons are shorter than assignments and designed to take 15 minutes. Each mini-lesson is made up of one video, one activity, and one quiz.
Teachers can preview all of the components of any mini-lesson before sending them out to students.
The mini-lessons tab includes new ways for teachers to monitor student progress, including commonly missed questions.
How to preview mini-lessons
1. Click on Mini-Lessons.
2. Choose a mini-lesson.
You can filter by grade level and subject.
3. Preview mini-lesson as a student.
You can click through each of the activities to see what they'll look like when your students work on them.
Next to each activity, you will see a time estimate for how long we expect each activity will take students to complete.
The Common Core aligned standard is listed at the bottom of the description.
How to assign mini-lessons
1. On the preview page, click Assign.
2. Select the class you'd like to work on the mini-lesson.
You can assign to the whole class, small groups, or individual students.
To assign to small groups or individual students, click "Edit Students" and use the check boxes to choose which students to assign to.
3. Assign immediately or schedule the Mini-Lesson for a future date
4. Once you see the green confirmation, you're all set!
💡 TIP: Students are able to see the three most recently assigned mini-lessons or assignments in the "From My Teacher" section.
This is what it looks like for students:
How to monitor mini-lessons
1. Click Mini-Lessons > Manage my Mini-Lessons
2. On this page, you'll be able to see every mini-lesson you have sent to your students.
In-progress mini-lessons are at the top of the page.
Completed mini-lessons are moved to the Completed section at the bottom of the page.
3. Click on a mini-lesson to monitor student progress.
On this page, you can preview the mini lesson.
At the bottom of the page, you can monitor individual student progress.
In this example, 3 out of 4 students have completed the Add Numbers within 20 mini-lesson, with an average score of 53%. Chris L. has completed all 3 activities and scored an 80% on their post-quiz.
💡 TIP: Check out the Commonly Missed Questions section to see questions commonly missed by your class.
How to delete mini-lessons
1. On the Manage my Mini-Lessons page, choose which mini-lesson to delete.
2. Click End Assignment.
3. You will receive a confirmation to end the mini-lesson.
Remember: Ending a mini lesson will delete the assignment for all students.
After ending a mini-lesson, it will be moved to the Completed section on the Manage my Mini-Lessons page.
💡 TIP: Still have questions? Please reach out to our Support team by clicking the blue Intercom button on the bottom right side of your screen - we're here to help!