Chrome browser on Chromebooks & other computers
1. Go to espark.app on the student's device.
2. In the Chrome browser, click the LOCK ICON to the left of the address bar.
3. You will see a small window pop up, and make sure that Camera & Microphone are set to ALLOW, as pictured below:
4. If you do not see the Camera and/or Microphone options, click Site Settings. This will launch a new tab. On this page, you'll find the Camera and Microphone settings. Make sure both are set to Allow.
Safari browser on iPads
1. When the student goes to record their video, they'll see a pop up asking for permission to access the Microphone and Camera.
Chrome browser on iPads
1. If the student isn't able to record videos right now, first, make sure that the Chrome can access the Camera and Microphone by going to the Settings app > Chrome > Camera & Microphone.
2. Return to Chrome & go to espark.app. When the student goes to record their video, they'll see a pop up asking for permission to use the Microphone and Camera.
Need help? Get in touch with our Support Team by clicking the blue Intercom button on the bottom right side of the screen. In your message, please a detailed description of the issue you're having, the names the students who are affected, and the troubleshooting steps you've tried.
If you want to disable video recording entirely, this article shows you how!