Web clips or website shortcuts that appear as an icon can be created as a configuration profile and assigned to devices.
- Install Apple Configurator 2 if you do not already have it.
- Launch Apple Configurator 2 and select File/New Profile.
- Give the Profile an appropriate name in the General section.
- Go to the Web Clips section at the bottom of the section list on the left hand side and click the Configure button.
- Enter the requested details, a few tips:
- Label: this is the text that will be used for name of the icon on the iPad
- Removable: We recommend unchecking this, if you do not, students will be able to delete the icon and it will not come back unless the Configuration Profile were updated and reinstalled.
- Icon: Specifing an icon is recommend. Apple's documentation specifies: 'Optional. A PNG icon to be shown on the Home screen. Should be 59 x 60 pixels in size. If not specified, a white square will be shown.'
- Save the profile, upload it to Orchard in the Profiles tab and assign to tags as appropriate to install on devices.